When You Don’t Feel Good Enough
I hate Pinterest. Okay, maybe not hate….but it’s not always fun either.
It’s just that sometimes I go on there for an idea or to look at something, only to see something else that makes my original idea look stupid. As I browse through I end up seeing all of these incredibly awesome looking pictures and tutorials and I think “who are these people? are they real?”. Then I end up wondering how many people I know that actually do these things? I mean really, do people actually go all out for kid halloween parties? Do people throw halloween parties? I don’t know!
Sure, I may invite a few people over for that night, if they have nothing else going on but I am not about to go buy a costume for me and my husband that we will never wear again.
Okay sure, Halloween isn’t every day of the year and obviously it’s not the only time I struggle. I struggle with many insecurities. They aren’t always the same either. Some days I may feel great about the way I look but then other times I end up critiquing everything from my chubby cheeks to my chubby belly and if I’m not careful, this can get me in a sad mood. Fast.
And the thing is, I know I’m not alone. But. I also know that we aren’t exactly broadcasting all of our insecurities to all of our friends all across all of our social media accounts, are we? No. Why? Because we don’t want to be that person. You know, the one who is always down. The one who is always struggling with something. Day after day.
But here’s the thing, sometimes we are that person. We are complaining (offline) about something and we are doing it day after day. Maybe your hair is too flat today. Maybe your kids were up too late last night and you didn’t get any sleep. Maybe you were on your feet all day long and what do you do? You complain. Okay, who can blame you? Not me! But then, the very next thing that we often do after we have finished complaining, after we have had a chance to unwind and relax from our day is often times, to go to social media. There you are greeted by hundreds of your closest friends that you never actually see in real life, and all of them are having a great day. Everyone is posting pictures of their babies and how they have found the love of their life and then there is you. Tired and exhausted. Just ready for some rest and before you know it, you just don’t feel good enough anymore.
Reasons Why You May Feel That You Are Not Good Enough
You’re not getting enough rest
- It’s important that we rest, especially as parents. The happiness of our kids is often reflected by our own moods.
You’ve started focusing on the negative about yourself.
- Did you know that God created you? Did you know that He created you with a purpose and in His own image? Why then would you find negativity in the beauty of God’s creation?
You are not drinking enough water
- Oh how I have been there. I found an awesome app on my iPhone though that has helped turned that around. It’s called Waterlogged. You should check it out.
You’ve started looking to others for ideas
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who’ll decide where to go…” Dr. Suess
You spend way too much time on social media
- Need entertainment? Read a book, color in one of your kid’s coloring books, go directly to a loved website instead of searching for stuff in your browser.
You are not spending enough time in God’s promises
You’ve become too secluded
- I’m an introvert too, but sometimes you just need to be around other people
You haven’t learned that it’s okay to say no
- I feel like I’m talking to me on this one again. Okay, here’s the thing. If you want to be good at something, like really good at something then you have to work at it and practice it over and over again and focus. But you can’t do all of that if you are stretched in too many directions.
You are balancing too many task at once
- Ahh. We are back to this one again. Motherhood can do this to you. But just try to focus on something and then move onto to the next task and ask for help. It’s okay.
You are not perfect.
- Remember that, no one is. “There is no one righteous, not even one;” Romans 3: 10 That’s why God had to send His Son to be a Gift of Love for us.
Need to know more about God’s Love? Check out this video on YouTube instead
bPatty is ThePlaceForBusyMoms to find encouragement. It’s a place to know that you are loved, a place where you can stop by for a visit and relax. You don’t have to feel less than perfect, you don’t have to worry about judgement. You just have to know that you are loved. Find out more about bPatty and get a weekly menu planner!