Basic Gluten Free Crouton Recipe
There isn’t much better in life than a wonderful salad. Of course having the perfect toppings makes it all that much better! That’s one of the reasons why I love this basic gluten free crouton recipe. This brings salad to a whole new level of perfection. It doesn’t hurt that any guest coming over will instantly be impressed by the fact you can make croutons from scratch.
I had never heard of anyone making their own croutons until I worked in a small town cafe and coffee shop. I walked into the kitchen one day as the chef was placing a batch of homemade croutons into the oven. I knew in that moment I would need to learn how it was that they did that.
Many years went by and I never did care to try, until I went gluten free. Even then it wasn’t something I set out to do. No, the thought of homemade croutons came back to me after buying many loaves of not so good gluten free bread. The bread was always so pricey and never tasted worthy of a sandwich. The only thing those loaves of bread were good for was making gluten free croutons for my salads.
- 1 8oz loaf of store bought gluten free bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup parm
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- Preheat the oven to 375°F
- Chop the loaf of bread.
- Mix the olive oil, parm, garlic powder and parsley together.
- Pour the mixture over the chopped bread and combine until fully incorporated.
- Lay the bread out on a baking sheet. Be sure to spread out evenly and allow for air flow. That air flow will help create a crunch to the crouton.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crunchy.
- Store in an air tight container.
bPatty is ThePlaceForBusyMoms to find encouragement. It’s a place to know that you are loved, a place where you can stop by for a visit and relax. You don’t have to feel less than perfect, you don’t have to worry about judgement. You just have to know that you are loved. Find out more about bPatty and get a weekly menu planner!