Chocolate Covered Pretzels
My daughter turned two this year and had a princess themed party. No particular princess, just princess in general. The colors were pink and white. Because we based the planning of the party more around the colors than we did a particular character it actually turned out to be a rather cost efficient party.
For those of you who know my daughter personally, you know her birthday party was months ago! This just proves at how bad I am getting content up right away because these pictures were taken the day of her party. I’m totally not perfect but it’s a good thing God loves me anyways. Imperfections and all.
The Beauty of Chocolate Covered Pretzels
The taste. Yum!
Oh, you mean other than that? Okay, well they can be decorated for any occasion!
Princess birthday party? √
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Birthday Party? √
Thanksgiving dessert? √
Christmas gifts for coworkers? √
All you have to do is decorate the pretzels to your liking for each occasion. If you want a spooky treat turn your chocolate orange and brown. If you would like a festive Christmas dessert think bright green and red. The limits are only where you put them. Feel free to add sprinkles or little pieces of candy. Truly once you have a basic chocolate covered pretzel recipe the options are limitless.
- 20 oz bag of pretzels I used gluten free pretzels
- 12 oz white chocolate chips - divided
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 2 tbs shortening
- parchment paper
- Spread pretzels onto a sheet of parchment paper.
- Combine chocolate chips and shortening in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on medium heat for 30 second intervals. Stirring until chocolate is completely melted. Once chocolate has just melted (do not microwave until melter, chocolate will be burnt) separate into two bowls. In one bowl stir in a few drops of red food coloring until chocolate has turned a nice pink color.
- Slowly pour the white chocolate over the pretzels, creating a nice white layer.
- Drizzle the pink chocolate over the pretzels creating nice pink strips.
- Continue this process until satirized with the appearance of the pretzels.
- Allow the chocolate to harden and then store pretzels in a nice cool area.
bPatty is ThePlaceForBusyMoms to find encouragement. It’s a place to know that you are loved, a place where you can stop by for a visit and relax. You don’t have to feel less than perfect, you don’t have to worry about judgement. You just have to know that you are loved. Find out more about bPatty and get a weekly menu planner!
Need more dessert ideas? Check out these other great recipes!